CREATIVE, INNOVATIVE, DRIVEN, DEDICATED, COMMUNITY-MINDED: Are those the qualities that describe you? Then you belong on the WKMG Photojournalist Team.
WKMG-TV/ClickOrlando.com in Orlando is a Graham Media Group station that boasts strong ratings, the No. 1 website in Central Florida, a newsroom full of leaders and deep community ties. We are known for our support of local causes, and we value positive interactions in and out of our newsroom. Our staff leads the way in the market and in the nation with technology on multiple platforms, including digital media.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment, yet understand the importance of storytelling and teamwork, then this is your chance to join the award-winning News 6 team. We are looking for a video journalist who has photography and editing skills and can work independently, when necessary. We’re looking for someone eager for a new challenge while working on a photography team that values true journalism, creativity and collaboration.
WKMG has won Edward R. Murrow, Emmy and AP Awards. We have twice been named winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Service to America award. Orlando news thrives on breaking news and local stories often end up as national news headlines.
Our ideal candidate exemplifies the NPPA standard of compelling sequential video, with meaningful natural sound to build captivating stories. This passionate storyteller will be technically astute with Go Pros, FTP, mobile apps and nonlinear editing. Video editing skills are a must.
This photographer must be able to tell compelling stories in their community in a deadline driven environment through high-quality video and audio elements.
· Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and Digital via Panasonic 370 Camera, GoPro, Smartphone and Adobe Premiere.
· Understand creative use of editing and graphics, using Edius and Premiere edit systems.
· Work with Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
· Operate live microwave and streaming equipment under strict deadlines.
· File transfer and computer/IT workflow.
· Contribute story ideas to the daily news effort.
· Excellent communication skills with management and staff.
· Maintain station equipment and vehicles.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
· Work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
· Reports to Chief Photographer.
· Minimum of two years full time photography and editing experience in daily TV news.
· Ability to operate TV news gathering equipment including live microwave, Live U backpack and knowledge of SNG truck helpful.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
· Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure.
· Valid passport desirable but not required.
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the Company.
· Must be able to fly in helicopter or airplane.
· Muat be able to travel on short notice.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume to Chief Photographer Darran Caudle at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please!
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment background checks including drug screen, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.