Mold found in Lake County middle school classroom
Exhaust hoods left on by mistake over holiday break
EUSTIS, Fla. – Instead of focusing on their classwork, some students are being kept out of parts of Eustis Middle School because of potentially dangerous mold.
District leaders say exhaust exhaust hoods were left on by mistake over the holiday break in a science lab and pulled in moisture from outside, causing the mold to form.
The principal says the school is playing it safe, and no students are being allowed in the lab or the rooms around it.
Staffers say a deep cleaning is planned for this weekend so students will be able to return to the room.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.