5 Florida public universities make US News top 100 list
US News ranks UF, FSU, USF, UCF & FIU among top schools
ORLANDO, Fla. – The U.S. News & World Report annual college rankings were released Monday, with a handful of Florida schools on the list.
For the first time, five Florida schools are ranked in the country’s top 100 public universities.
- The University of Florida climbed one spot to No. 8, continuing its quest to become one of the top five public research universities.
- Florida State University jumped seven spots to No. 26.
- The University of South Florida, recently designated by the state as a “preeminent” research university, improved to No. 58, up 10 spots from a year ago.
- The University of Central Florida was ranked at No. 87.
- Florida International University recorded the largest statistical climb, reaching No. 100 among public research universities, up 22 spots from last year.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.