WKMG-TV posts full-tme position
Develop all aspects of investigative and consumer stories including generation, development and production of said stories.
Work with department resources (producers, reporters, photographers) to source story ideas. Communicate with management and other departments to ensure all interested parties are informed as to story ideas, development progress and execution. Contribute stories and content to website and social media thus maintaining unit's leadership on such fronts. Must have ability to research, write, shoot and field produce for on-air presentation. Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record. Ability to work flexible hours.
- Minimum of 5 years newscast producing experience.
- College degree preferred in Journalism and/or Communications.
- Must have a solid knowledge of Florida Law.
- Working knowledge of and experience with computer assisted reporting techniques.
- Prior television investigative reporting or producing a must.
- Excellent writing, production and computer assisted reporting skills.
- Must be creative and well organized with good people skills.
- Knowledge of electronic gear used in surveillance/undercover work.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Valid passport desirable but not required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Send tape and resume to: Allison McGinley
No Phone Calls Please
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.