WKMG-TV posts full-time position
Orlando -- beaches, theme parks -- where local news becomes national headlines!
If you are looking to get your foot in the door at one of the most competitive television stations in Central Florida, this is where you need to be. Our job opening could be your career opportunity. WKMG News 6 is looking for a Newscast Producer who loves breaking news, is driven by the desire to create an interesting and engaging newscast by communication with reporters and anchors and showcasing stories on our brand new interactive set. WKMG wins Edward R. Murrow, Emmy and AP awards. WKMG was just nominated as a finalist for the National Association of Broadcasters Service to America award. We grow our Associate Producers into Producers, Reporters, and Managers. This truly is an opportunity to get your foot in the door in a top 20 market and learn from some of the best in the business. Orlando News thrives on breaking news and often our breaking local story ends up as a national news headline. Come live, learn and work where news breaks!
- Edit news broadcasts and cut-ins (packages, voice-overs, sots & teases) for newscasts.
- Coordinate with producers on rundowns and scripts while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ensures National and Local feeds are rolled on, scheduled and logged. Communicating what and where they are to the team.
- Works closely as a team player in a competitive environment with producers, reporters, photographers, assignment desk and master control live shots.
- Multi-talented individual must have 2-3 years experience as an editor.
- Edit quickly and accurately on Harris Velocity and Adobe Premiere edit systems.
- ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- A positive attitude that includes discretion, maturity and ability to maintain composure, especially under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to the Company.
Location of position:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
Send resume or email to: Chief Photographer Darran Caudle
No phone calls, please.
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background checks, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.