Cooking with Kim: Mini Apple Pies
Trying to figure out a yummy recipe that is super easy and quick, but also a nice little dessert to pass around at your holiday parties? Well, you're in luck! Mini apple pies are easy to bake and take almost no skill in the kitchen.
I found this the recipe on Betty Crocker's website and wanted to give it a try to see if it was as delicious as it looked.
This only took me about an hour in total to whip these up. So, how did I do it? Easy! Follow the video or steps below to make your own mini apple pies for your loved ones this season.
What you're going to need:
- Refrigerated pie crust, 15 oz. and softened.
- 2 apples, cored and chopped up into small pieces, about 1/4 inch.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Lets get baking!:
- First, you're going to want to preheat the oven to 425°F. Then remove your crust and unroll it onto your baking surface. With a large round cookie cutter cut up 10 rounds. To be honest though, I got about 12 out of the two pie crusts I used. So maybe the amount of rounds you get depends on the brand of pie crust you prefer. I used Pillsbury. Also, I did not have a large round cookie cutter available so I used the mouth of a large cup, works great.
- Next, put each pie crust round into an ungreased regular-sized muffin cup. They basically form into the cup so it's super easy.
- In a medium bowl you'll then want to stir together your chopped apples, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and flour then divide the mixture up into your crust-lined muffin cups.
- Bake these for 18-20 minutes until the apple mixture is bubbly and the pie crust is golden brown. I had my pies in for about 18 minutes and they started to look a little burned, so maybe check on them around the 15-minute mark, just in case.
- Finally, cool the little pies in the pan for about half an hour. Then, you can plop them out by first loosening the edges with a knife. I was worried about the non-greased pan being an issue but the pies came out no problem!
These came out so good and my family and I absolutely enjoyed them. I also added a little vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on mine, which was great.