Daytona Beach Bike Week kicks off
Events planned through March 19
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Hundreds of thousands of bikers on Harley's and hogs will be making their way to Volusia County for Bike Week 2017 starting Friday through March 19.
This year marks the 76th anniversary of the annual Daytona Beach event, and patrons can expect the usual concerts, contests and happenings.
Given the throng of visitors expected to swarm to town, the Daytona Beach Police Department is warning drivers to watch out for delays and detours.
Northbound and Southbound traffic in the Main Street Area will be restricted during peak event times. Oleander Avenue, Wild Olive Street, Grandview Avenue and Hollywood Avenue will affected.
Drivers are also encouraged to use Seabreeze Bridge and Broadway/U.S. 92 Bridges instead of the Main Street Bridge in order to avoid delays.
Officials have released the following directions for spectators:
• Vehicles wishing to enter Main Street from the north via Atlantic Avenue should remain in the right southbound lane. Upon reaching Main Street, you may be allowed to turn right. (Depending on the amount of traffic)
• Vehicles approaching from the south on Atlantic Avenue wishing to enter Main Street must enter via Peninsula by turning left on International Speedway Boulevard. Upon reaching Peninsula Drive, turn right to travel north to Main Street.
• Vehicles approaching on Peninsula Drive from the north should turn left on Oakridge Boulevard to Atlantic Avenue and south to Main Street.
• Vehicles approaching on Peninsula Drive from the south should remain on Peninsula.
• “Motorcycles Only” patterns may be established for the Main Street Venue.
The bulk of the Bike Week events will take place on Main Street and at Daytona International Speedway. Some of the most sizable celebrations are highlighted below.
March 10: 39th annual Daytona Beach swap meet at the Daytona Flea Market. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
March 10-19: Bike Week Concert Series at Hidden Treasure in Flagler Beach. 1 to 10 p.m. daily.
March 10-19: Cole Freeman World Record Bagger Jump at the Daytona Flea Market. Stunt shows are at 11 a.m., noon, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. daily. Ill Conduct Thrill Show at 1 p.m. Tickets will be $25 on the day of the event.
March 11: Bike rally in downtown DeLand. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
March 11-12: Free sober/clean hog roast in Bunnell. Begins at 8 p.m. Saturday.
March 16: 39th annual giant side car and trike show at Daytona Flea Market. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
March 16: Old school chopper show in Ormond Beach. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
March 16: Halifax Humane Society's Ruff Ride Poker Run. Check in begins at 2 p.m. at Halifax Humane Society.
March 17: Boardwalk bike show at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
March 18: Official 2017 Bike Week motorcycle drawing. Winner of the customized 2010 Harley-Davidson Ultra Class will be announced at noon.
Events are also held daily at Main Street bars including at Dirty Harry's, Full Moon Saloon and Froggy's. More information about those venues is available at daytonabeachmainstreet.com.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.