About This Role: Graham Media Group is seeking an intern who will assist with development and production of podcasts as well as experimental news formats for digital platforms. Interns will help book talent for the podcast, write and edit scripts, research topics and guests as well write and edit social media content. This is a paid, REMOTE, 90-day position at 20 hours per week.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Participate in creative meetings with talent and producers, and contribute potential guest and segment ideas.
- Conduct research and create show materials for the Host/Producer as preparation for each episode’s weekly shoot.
- Work closely with the Producer to coordinate guest logistics.
- Ensure that key assets (i.e., promotional material, research, trailers, etc) are distributed to the appropriate departments (i.e., marketing, sales) in order to set each show up for success.
You Should Have:
- Passion for digital media and the podcasting industry.
- An ability to understand what’s working on other podcasts and apply that to our shows.
- Excellent research skills.
- A professional attitude, strong communication skills and detail-oriented instinct.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of podcasts and social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of digital video, editing chops on Adobe Suite a plus!
- Diligent and eager to learn and develop skills.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and classified as at least a “sophomore” status when internship begins.
- Participants must be eligible to earn academic course credits or their equivalent (such as a Master’s Thesis) for the internship.
- Participants must be available to work no more than 20 hours per week during the specified term, with schedules that may include weekends or evenings.
Download: Internship Application
Send cover letter, resume and any work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 20201.