MIAMI – Gov. Rick Scott said Friday that Miami is clear of the Zika virus.
The governor announced that the last so-called "Zika zone" in the city's Little River neighborhood hasn't had any active transmissions in 45 days, News 6 partner WPLG-TV reported.
"I am proud to announce that the Little River area has been cleared of any ongoing active transmission of the Zika virus," Scott said. "This great news comes as Miami is welcoming millions of visitors for Art Basel and shortly after we lifted the Zika zone in northern Miami Beach."
Last month, Scott announced that the Florida Department of Health had cleared a stretch of Miami Beach that was in a Zika zone.
The newly cleared area is from Northwest 79th Street to Northwest 63rd Street and Northwest 10th Avenue to North Miami Avenue.
A small stretch of South Beach between Eighth and 28th streets is Miami-Dade County's only remaining Zika zone.
"It is crucial that everyone remains vigilant and continues to do their part to wear bug spray and dump standing water so we can keep these areas clear, especially for pregnant women and their developing babies," Scott said.