Signing up for Medicare can be a stressful situation for anyone, and with new options being added for 2019, it can be a confusing nightmare.
Medicare Advantage will now allow plans to offer an increased number and variety of plans, and be able to provide benefits that were not previously covered by Medicare. These are now called "additional benefits."
So to make your life just a little bit easier, we compiled a list of questions from MyMedicareMatters.com that you should be asking before you take the plunge into Medicare land.
- Are you a participating provider in the “ABC Medicare Plus Plan [example plan]” network in 2019?
- Are you accepting any new “ABC Medicare Plus Plan” patients? If I join your plan as of January 1, when will I be able to schedule an appointment?
- Under the “ABC Medicare Plus Plan”, what would my copayment be for services at your office or facility?
- With “ABC Medicare Plus Plan” will I need a referral to be seen at your office or facility?
- Are the providers I use in your plan network for 2019?
- Does your MA plan offer additional benefits? Please describe the supplemental benefits, their maximum dollar value and limitations.
- Can I further reduce my cost-sharing/copay by using designated in-network providers? Can my diagnosis or health status affect or reduce what I pay for services?
Hopefully these questions will give you some better insight in how to handle your Medicare choices, and if you want more information, just click here.