Two dogs are OK after running loose on a Phoenix freeway this week.
News helicopters captured footage of the small white dogs trotting around I-17 on Wednesday, KNXV reported.
- The world's last male northern white rhino is on death watch
- Puppy held for ransom
- Cop under investigation in fatal shooting of neighbor's dog
- Barbra Streisand cloned her dog -- twice
- Police rescue dog trapped in car for days
- Olympic snowboarder narrowly misses squirrel
- General Mills to buy Blue Buffalo pet food for $8 billion
- Alabama pets targeted in killings
- Police free kitten stuck in garbage disposal
- Man dies trying to rescue his dog from cliff
The Arizona Department of Public Safety tried to capture the pets -- and even stopped traffic briefly -- but the dogs kept running, KNXV reported. Officials were eventually able to grab one of the dogs.
Residents of a nearby RV park snagged the second dog, KNXV reported. That dog ran free for nearly an hour.
Maricopa County Animal Care and Control told KNXV that the two dogs will be up for adoption on March 10.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.