1 airlifted after fire ignites at DeLand house

Headline Goes Here

DeLAND, Fla. - At least one person has been airlifted to a hospital after a fire ignited at a DeLand home, according to police.

DeLand police said the fire ignited on at a home on Rich Avenue on Friday afternoon.

There were reports that there may have been an explosion that preceded the fire, but that has not been confirmed, according to police.

George Stokes, 65, was at the residence and was flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center. His condition was not known.

No other information was available.

Check back for more information.

Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.