1 dead, 1 critical after carbon monoxide poisoning in Palm Bay home

Couple found after failing to show up for work

By Justin Warmoth - Anchor

PALM BAY, Fla. - Police say a woman is dead and a man is clinging to life after the couple suffered from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Monday inside their home.

Police said they were called after a family member stopped by the couple's home at 122 Eldron Blvd. when the couple failed to show up for work.

When officers arrived to the home, they said the woman was already dead and the man was barely alive.

Police said after a Saturday storm caused the couple to lose power, they started a generator in their garage until the power was restored. It is believed that's when the carbon monoxide filled the home.

The names of the victims will not be released until police have notified the next of kin.

Police said the death appears to be an accident.

Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.