Woman drops cigarette on bed, is burned
Daytona Beach fire: Woman suffered burns on 60% of body
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A woman dropped a lit cigarette on her bed, catching the mattress on fire, said Daytona Beach firefighters.
It happened in a high-rise off of South Beach Street just before 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters said the building's sprinkler system put out the fire by the time they made it up to the 9th floor.
The woman was transported to Halifax Health. She suffered burns on 60 percent of her body.
State fire marshals are investigating.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.