Man injured in kitchen fire
Man suffers 2nd degree burns in house fire
Daytona Beach firefighters said a man suffered 2nd degree burns when he found his kitchen in flames.
Firefighters said he was cooking food, left the room, and when he returned, he found his kitchen on fire.
For the third time in two weeks,second in the last three days, the Daytona Beach Fire Department was called to a home for a kitchen fire where unattended food was the cause of the fire, firefighters said.
Officials said the most recent incident occurred just after 6 p.m. Saturday at 612 Westmoreland Road in Daytona Beach.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the house., officials said.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and keep it contained to the kitchen.
Firefighters said after investigation it appeared the unattended food that was cooking, caught fire and the flames spread to a plastic light cover over the stove.
When the plastic fell onto the stove, the fire was accelerated eventually burning a hole in the ceiling, firefighters said.
Officials said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.
The man who was injured was treated on scene by Paramedics and refused further treatment and transport.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.