Investigative News Reporter
WKMG-TV posts full-time position
- Produce long and short-term exclusive investigative news stories on multiple platforms, including television, internet and social media.
- Develop stories in cooperation with Executive Producer and other members of the Special projects team.
- Produce stories independently, but also cooperatively with unit producer when assigned.
- Expected to contribute several stories each month, therefore, must be able to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Develop and maintain sources to cultivate stories.
- Conduct interviews, gather information, log and organize footage, arrange for graphics/animation, write broadcast scripts and supervise editing sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment with various photographers, editors and producers.
- Possess knowledge of public records laws. Computer assisted reporting skills helpful.
- Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moments notice.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director.
- Degree in Journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of previous experience with Investigative Journalism preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and on-air presentation skills; solid live presenter.
- Strong news ethics, judgment and professionalism.
- Maintain professional contact and discretion with community leaders, news sources and the public.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Team Player.
- Scheduling flexibility, especially for breaking news.
- Must be able to travel and fly to various locations in an airplane or helicopter.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 N. JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume to: News Director
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, including drug screen, background checks, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.