Workers overcome by fumes at Universal Studios
5 transported after paint fumes cause illness
ORLANDO, Fla. – Five workers were taken to area hospitals early Saturday morning after being overcome by paint fumes at Universal Studios.
Officials said the construction workers were in the Islands of Adventure, working on the Harry Potter expansion when fumes from a paint foundation made them ill.
Orlando Fire rescue responded and took all the workers to area hospitals as a precautionary measure.
Officials said all the workers were treated and released.
Universal Studios officials said no rides are effected and the park is open today.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.