From Instagram to Facebook find out how you can make money by turning in your hobby into a business or expanding your business.
Erin Butler of Purple Rock Scissors shares some facts and has recommendations when using social media:
- 72% of people using the internet are on social media so that is a huge market to be ignoring.
- Most popular platforms of social media right now are Facebook, Twitter Instagram and Pinterest for many different products.
- All these channels are so daunting even for the savviest of social media people so you have to pick the channel and outlet that matches your brand, voice and business mission.
- It's whatever works for your business, each business is different.
- You have to start slow sometimes and work your way up. You're not going to magically get a huge following but the best way to do it is organically.
- Driving traffic to your website, building brand awareness is all positive
- Pick your channels and don't be everywhere at once.
- Three things businesses should be on social media: you have to be relevant, genuine and interactive that will turn your social followers into true advocates
- I would recommend picking the channels that suit your brand and business most appropriately and don't try to saturate all of them.
- Showcase your products with great visuals
To read Local 6's full report, click here.