Web Extra: Learn how to categorize email
Can you imagine a day without e-mail? One study shows the average worker checks email a whopping 74 times a day. But kids? They've moved on. In fact only 6 percent of teens communicate via e-mail. It's a trend many companies are taking notice of.
1. DISCARD. Just delete stuff.
2. DELEGATE. Decide if this is really something you need to do.
3. DO. Do it quickly — answer e-mails that will take two minutes or less right away. Or Do it later — create a system for turning e-mails that require action into To Do tasks.
4. DATE. Give yourself a deadline for taking action.
5. DRAWER. File away stuff you've taken action on but may want to refer to.
6. DETER. Unsubscribe
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.