View Central Florida election results
Central Floridians cast their ballots Tuesday in a host of races in Florida's primary election.
View all the race results via the dropdown menu below.
- Rick Scott won the Republican nomination for Florida governor, the office he currently holds. With 33 percent of the precincts reporting, Scott garnered 87 percent of the votes. He faced off against Elizabeth Cuevas-Neunder and Yinka Adeshina.
- Scott will face former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist in November. Crist won the Democratic nomination to seek his old job with his new party. Early returns showed Crist with 75 percent of the vote, with 35 percent of precincts reporting.Crist beat Nan Rich, the former Senate Democratic leader who has been campaigning for governor longer than Crist has been a Democrat.
- George Sheldon won the Florida Attorney General Democratic nomination taking 62 percent of the votes over Perry Thurston. Sheldon will face incumbent Pam Bondi in November's election.
U.S. House Races:
- Incumbent Rep. Alan Grayson won Democratic nomination for U.S. House District 9, beating out Nick Ruiz.
- Incumbent John Mica won the Republican nomination in the U.S. House District 7 race.
State Senate Races:
- Gary Siplin lost to incumber Geraldine F. Thompson in the Democratic primary race for State Senator District 12, which serves Orange County. Thompson will now face Republican Edward DeAguilera or Fritz Jackson Seide in November's general election.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.