9 cats killed in Lakeland mobile home fire
2 elderly residents escape fire unharmed
LAKELAND, Fla. – Firefighters arrived to a home at 1331 Oakhill Street Sunday to find a mobile home fully engulfed by fire.
Officials said two elderly residents were able to escape the home without injuries, but nine cats died in the fire.
Crews said the fire was caused by cooking oil on the stove top.
The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.
Copyright 2015 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.