2 killed in Central Florida from ocean water bacteria
Two people in Central Florida have died from infections from a bacteria in ocean water in 2015.
The Florida Department of Health says it's rare, but Vibro Vulnificus, a bacteria found mostly in brackish water, can get into an open wound and become deadly.
Health officials say one person died in Marion County and a second in Brevard County.
Last year, seven people died from the bacterial infection, including one in Brevard and one in Orange County.
The Department of Health says it's important to stay out of stagnant water and to avoid raw shellfish.
Copyright 2015 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.