ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – Orange County Fire Rescue on Thursday said lightning struck the roof of a home, igniting a fire and possibly shocking a child.
[WEB EXTRA: Storm safety | Lightning FAQs]
The lightning strike was reported at a home on the 8400 block of Mattituck Circle.
Fire Rescue said the strike sparked a fire and possibly shocked a girl through a computer. The child has been taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital as precaution and firefighters are investigating if the child was injured or scared by the lightning strike.
Four people were inside of the home at the time of the lightning strike.
The fire was extinguished and damage is minimal, officials said. The power is out at the house, so the family will stay somewhere else for the night.
No other details were immediately available.
Check back for more on this story.