Assistant to Vice President and General Manager
WKMG Local 6, the Graham Media Group owned -- CBS station in Orlando, Florida is looking for a professional, energetic, and positive individual with excellent communication skills. This person works well with people and thrives in a fast-paced environment. High level of confidentiality required. Strong organizational and clerical skills are a must. The applicant must be proficient in MS Office, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Minimum five years experience as an assistant to an executive preferred. Broadcast background helpful but not a necessary.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks.
- Responsible for proactively managing/coordinating daily schedule/calendar, contacts, meetings (internal and external)
- Arranges travel and all accommodations; process reimbursement and expense reports in accordance with established policy guidelines; track expenses and follow-up in timely manner
- Acts as a liaison with staff, clients, vendors, as well as the community.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Manages general office and administrative tasks, including ordering of miscellaneous supplies, renewing memberships and subscriptions, managing distribution lists, photocopying, faxing, deliveries, etc.
- Manages special projects as designated and assists other department members as necessary and acts as back up for others on team
- Assists with organizing special events and station meetings
- Provides support and assists with special projects for the Business Manager as needed
- Maintains and coordinates station files, including public records and FCC reports
- Maintains and distributes weekly / monthly schedules internally
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a professional phone manner and in-person presence
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, executive team, external partners, etc.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated initiative; self-starter who is organized with strong decision-making capability and emotional maturity
- Naturally energetic, enthusiastic and engaging interpersonal style
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as a Executive Assistant or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Strong computer skills and expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Must possess a valid state driver's license (or be able to get one)
TOP REASONS TO JOIN WKMG:
Growth, experience and training. At WKMG, we'll work with you to help you reach your full potential through ongoing career development programs. We are also committed to ongoing training throughout your career and to hiring from within – across the GMG family of companies.
Our culture and benefits package. Our employees are our most important resource. We encourage entrepreneurship and initiative, and recognize and reward achievement. Graham Media offers a generous benefits package that includes 401K and healthcare on day one!
Are you ready to join the team? We encourage you to submit your resume for consideration.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 N. JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume to: Business Manager, Laura Genette, email@example.com
No phone calls please
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of the background checks, employment /education verifications, and the pre-employment drug screen.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with all applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.