TV News Traffic Producer
WKMG-TV posts part-time position
- Knowledge of local traffic patterns and major highways
- Writes, records and creates graphics for traffic reports
- Responsible for monitoring traffic conditions for daily newscasts
- Develop original, imaginative and creative ways to tell/show daily news traffic reports
- Coordinate news coverage activities with producers, photographers, editors, news management.
- Meet daily deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and breaking news.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moments notice.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director.
- Degree in Journalism preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong news ethics, judgment and professionalism.
- Maintain professional contact and discretion with community leaders, news sources and the public.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Team Player.
- Scheduling flexibility, especially for breaking news.
- Strong computer and graphics skills.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send tape and resume to: News Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, required reference checks, background checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.