Apartment fire sparked by candle in Orlando displaces 11 families
Dog dies; tenant, firefighter injured in blaze
ORLANDO, Fla. – A firefighter was injured, a resident suffered smoke inhalation and a dog died in a fire at an Orlando apartment complex, officials said.
The blaze, which was sparked by a lit candle, broke out Monday night at the Pacifico Place Apartments at 803 Quito Ave.
Officials said the fire, which started on the first floor and spread to the second floor and attic, affected 12 units and displaced 11 families. A total of 13 people were displaced, including one child.
The person who suffered smoke inhalation was taken to a hospital. The dog died in the unit where the fire began, officials said.
The American Red Cross is assisting the families who were displaced.
No other details were immediately released.
Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for updates on this story.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.