6 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning
Workers left generator running at Orlando apartment complex, police say
ORLANDO, Fla. – Six people are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a generator was left running at an Orlando apartment complex, police said.
Police said crews were called around 2:45 a.m. Thursday to 4736 Walden Circle for what was believed to be a gas leak.
Orlando police said a family of four at the apartments drove themselves to a hospital after feeling sick. Doctors determined the illness was from carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.
Officers investigated and found that a construction crew had left a generator running at the complex, which is under renovation, according to police.
The building was evacuated, and two others were taken to a hospital.
None of the injuries appear to be life-threatening, police said.
No other details have been released.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.