Hoverboard catches fire inside Orlando home
ORLANDO, Fla. – A hoverboard caught fire Wednesday night inside a local home on Ridge Top Road.
Amanda Lindsey tells News 6 her son's friend left his hoverboard plugged in while they made a quick trip to the store.
Ten minutes later, Lindsey said the home was filled with smoke and the hoverboard had shattered.
Lindsey said they have major smoke damage, but the fire could have been worse.
"It's amazing, you get a fire just from a toy, it's like, I don't even know why they're still selling the toy, you know, you spend a couple dollars on your son, and look at the consequence," she said.
Dozens of fires involving hoverboards have been reported across the country.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says it is investigating and that some retailers have stopped selling hoverboards.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.