More warnings issued over laundry detergent pods
Proctor and Gamble says it is introducing new product
Doctors are once again warning parents about popular detergent packets after a study showed the number of children getting sick after biting the colorful packets is on the rise.
The study in the Journal of Pediatrics says there were more than 62,000 detergent-related calls to poison control centers in 2013 and 2014.
Among those were 17 cases of coma, six cases of respiratory arrest and two cases of cardiac arrest.
Proctor and Gamble says it is introducing new pods that are stronger and also contain a bitter tasting substance on the outer film to stop children from biting into them.
The new packages hit store shelves next month.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.