Firefighters: Maitland apartment fire started by drone battery
One apartment damaged due to water
MAITLAND, Fla. – A drone battery was the cause of an apartment fire in Maitland early Sunday morning.
Firefighters got the call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday that a fire has broken out at the Arbors at Maitland Summit on Maitland Boulevard in Maitland.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke billowing from one apartment unit. Crews were able to contain the fire before it spread to other units.
The fire was so large that four other departments responded for backup.
Firefighters said the residents were charging a drone battery and it caught on fire. They tried to put out the fire but it kept growing so they evacuated the apartment and called 911.
This was the only apartment damaged by the fire. No other units were involved.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.