Pulse memorial items at Dr. Phillips Center to be moved
Orange County Regional History Center to take items Monday
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Pulse shooting memorial items at the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts will be moved to the Orange County Regional History Center on Monday, according to city officials.
The city announced on Thursday that all items will be cataloged and photographed prior to their long-term preservation at the Orange County Regional History Center. The remaining flowers will be brought to Leu Gardens to be turned into soil and used in gardens throughout the city.
“As we take this next step in the long healing process it remains important that these items are protected for the victims, the families, the community and future generations,” Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said in a release. “I look forward to working with our community on creating a permanent space that will preserve the memory of those who lost their lives, provide comfort to those who seek it and honor the spirit and love of our great city.“
The city will continue to work toward a permanent memorial with input from victims, families and the larger community.
Officials also released the draft protocol for how the OneOrlando Fund will be distributed to the victims' families and survivors.
The city released the following schedule:
• Aug. 4: Two Town Hall meetings at 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. conducted by the Fund Administrators in Orlando, each lasting for 90 minutes.
• Aug. 11: The Final Protocol and Claim Forms disseminated to all known claimants and potential claimants who registered through the Fund website. These documents will be made available on the Fund website for families and all interested parties.
• Aug. 11 – Sept. 12: Claim Forms completed and submitted to the Fund Administrators along with the required documentation.
• Sept. 12: Deadline for submission of Claim Forms.
• Sept. 12 – Sept. 25: All personal meetings requested with the Fund Administrators completed.
• Sept.12 – Sept. 26: All claims reviewed by the Fund Administrators and recommendations for payments to eligible claimants submitted to the OneOrlando Fund Board for independent review and approval.
• Sept. 27: Payment Distribution to approved eligible claimants begins on a rolling basis.
• After Oct. 15: Independent Audit begins.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.