No injuries reported
EDGEWATER, Fla. – An Edgewater family is homeless after a kitchen fire left their house inhabitable Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The residents made efforts to put out the fire that had started on the stove before they evacuated the single-family home, authorities said.
Upon arrival, Edgewater Fire Rescue units determined the fire had been extinguished but smoke remained in the structure. Fire crews ventilated the home. Due to smoke damage and no electricity to the home as a result of the fire, the two adults and four children who lived in the residence have been displaced, authorities said.
The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.