Universal Orlando worker among 10 arrested in child sex sting, deputies say
Orlando theme park says man no longer allowed on property
TAVARES, Fla. – Authorities in Lake County on Wednesday announced the arrest of 10 men, including an Orlando theme park worker, in an undercover child sex sting operation.
The Lake County Sheriff's Office recently conducted a one-week undercover sting operation, dubbed Treasure Florida's Kids.
The operation used undercover officers who pretended to be 13 or 14 years old. Deputies said the 10 men had explicit conversations, many of which included soliciting sex or sending photos.
Eight of the men then traveled to Lake County with intent to have sex and were arrested once they exited the car, deputies said.
Investigators collected evidence from some of the men, including condoms, a pillow, blankets, soda and cash that was to be used in exchange for sex, officials said.
The men face charges that include traveling to solicit, luring a child to commit a sex act or transmitting harmful material to a minor. Their names are:
- Gunner James Artibee, 25, Ocala
- Austin Jereimiah Guiffre, 24, Tavares
- Craig Alexander Harley, 32, Orlando
- John Ghaly Hanna Ghaly, 29, Orlando
- Steven G. Head, 48, Ocala
- Martin Lee Wilkins, 55, Lake Panasoffkee
- Michael A. Castillo, 22, Mount Dora
- Richard Karl Hummer, 52, Leesburg
- JOhn Francis Daiuto, 65, Leesburg
- Shawn Francis Kenyon, 46, Orlando
Kenyon worked at Universal Orlando, but the park told News 6 that he no longer is employed at the park and is not allowed on property.
Watch News 6 and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.