63ºF

House fire causes $10K worth of damage, NSBFD says

Fire caused by faulty gas appliance

photo
(Getty Images/Christopher Furlong)

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. – A New Smyrna Beach home was damaged during a fire early Sunday morning, the New Smyrna Beach Fire Department said.

The NSBFD responded to the 400 block of Rush Street around 1:30 a.m.

Crews said they arrived on scene and found flames and smoke coming from the side of the house.

The fire was extinguished about 20 minutes later, the Fire Department said. The person inside the home was able to escape before crews arrived.

The NSBFD received assistance from Volusia County Fire Services and Volusia County Emergency Medical Services.

Crews said the fire was caused by a faulty gas appliance, and that damages are estimated to be $10,000.

Sign up for ClickOrlando breaking news alerts and email newsletters


About the Author: