Alarm clock stuck in wall still goes off 13 years later
Man still feels do-it-yourself project gone wrong
After a do-it-yourself project gone wrong, a Pennsylvania family is still feeling its consequences 13 years later: an alarm clock beeping from behind a wall.
Homeowner Jerry Lynn says he dropped the clock through an air vent while trying to pass a wire through for a TV hookup. The clock, tied to a string, was set to go off 10 minutes later to indicate where to punch the hole in the wall.
"As I was laying down, all of a sudden, I hear it go thunk as it came loose," Lynn said. "Well, that's not a real problem. It's still gonna go off. And it did."
Lynn said he figured after a few months, the clock would lose battery and that would be the end of his annoyance. That was in September of 2004.
Lynn says the clock still goes off at the same time every day.