Generator catches fire in Mount Dora after power line falls near propane tank
Duke Energy crews cut energy to live wire, fire crews say
MOUNT DORA, Fla. – A generator at a lift station in Mount Dora caught fire Monday afternoon after a live power line fell from a pole, the Mount Dora Fire Department said.
Fire officials said the live wire across U.S. Highway 441 near the Quality Inn Hotel fell shortly after 5:30 p.m. and caused the generator, which was next to a propane tank, to burst into flames.
Fire crews waited for Duke Energy to cut energy from the live wire before they put out the fire, officials said.
The wire was removed from the roadway, but the lift station was left without power, firefighters said.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.