Firefighter injured in DeLand house fire caused by lit menorah candles, officials say
Residents say they were awakened by smoke detectors, sofa on fire
DELAND, Fla. – A DeLand firefighter sustained injuries at a home that was on fire on Marlboro Drive early Wednesday morning.
Residents told police they had been burning menorah candles before they went to sleep. Smoke detectors woke them up and the residents found a sofa on fire.
When crews responded to the fire, the duplex was deemed a total loss.
All residents were safely able to evacuate the home without injuries.
Officials said a firefighter sustained injuries during the response.
There are no signs of arson, and officials said it does not appear suspicious.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.