Fire scorches Sanford house, leaves family homeless
No one injured in blaze
SANFORD, Fla. – An early Friday morning fire gutted a home in Sanford, leaving a family of five homeless.
The fire at Oleander Avenue and 11th Street may have been sparked by space heaters or unattended candles. Sanford fire investigator Matt Minnetto said they're working to determine the cause of the fire.
"We're still determining the initial exact cause of the fire, but there was word that there were candles that were left on and space heaters that were plugged in," Minnetto said.
A woman and two children escaped the burning home before firefighters arrived. Surrounding homes were also evacuated in case the fire spread. The family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.