WATCH: 'The Weekly' discusses safety in Orlando-area schools
Justin Warmoth interviews local high school students, safety product rep
ORLANDO, Fla. – With school safety being debated on a national scale, "The Weekly on ClickOrlando.com with Justin Warmoth" will hear from local students and a former law enforcement professional who has developed a security alert system he says will save lives.
[WATCH BELOW: To avoid commercials, continue watching this week's "The Weekly" in the video below]
The panel of high school students is part of News 6's special coverage of "Generation Under Fire." The special report is meant to provide a space where students can voice their concerns and discuss their opinions on school safety.
News 6 anchor Ginger Gadsden led the town hall-like forum in which they participated.
Jimmy Billig, with ASR Alert Systems, has 24 years of law enforcement experience. He will also join Warmoth on the program to talk about his product designed specifically for active shooter situations.
"The Weekly" replaces "Flashpoint" and airs just after 8 a.m. during the News 6 Sunday morning newscast.
Use the links below to follow along with "The Weekly."
- On the record with 'Generation Under Fire'
- Generation Under Fire: Local students invited to voice school safety opinions
- Orlando students to participate in 'March for Our Lives' rally
- Sounds of gunshots ring out as students perform active shooter drill
- Students from Volusia County come together to talk school safety
- Central Florida school districts react to Florida's new school safety law
- Gov. Rick Scott sets timeline for school security upgrade
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.