Here's your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. LATEST UK POISONING LIKELY NOT DELIBERATE
Officials say they suspect a British couple in their 40s was not directly targeted but sickened as a consequence of the previous attack on a former Russian spy and his daughter.
2. WHO IS VIKTOR VEKSELBERG
The sanctioned Russian oligarch linked to Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen has vast ties to the United States, AP finds.
3. WHY ROHINGYA RAPE SURVIVORS' LIVE IN FEAR
With every birth, the mothers are reminded of the horrors they survived at the hands of Myanmar's troops and are shunned by their communities, AP learns.
4. US SENATOR POKES FUN AT TRUMP IN AD
Jon Tester is giving the president a tongue-in-cheek welcome to Montana by taking out a full-page ad thanking the president for signing bills the Democrat sponsored or co-sponsored.
5. RESCUERS RACE TO DRAIN WATER INSIDE THAI CAVE BEFORE RAINS
A firefighter says that levels in parts of a passage leading to a chamber where 12 boys and their coach are stranded are still flooded all the way to the ceiling, making diving the only way out.
6. WHAT POMPEO WANTS FROM PYONGYANG ON VISIT
One of the biggest tasks for the U.S. secretary of state will be to dispel growing skepticism over whether Kim Jong Un really intends to abandon his nuclear arsenal.
7. COURT VACANCY MAKES ABORTION POLITICS A MIDTERM PRIORITY
Justice Anthony Kennedy's retirement pushes state-level abortion politics into the national spotlight.
8. PROTESTER SHUTS DOWN STATUE OF LIBERTY
A woman protesting U.S. immigration policy holds police at bay for hours on the Fourth of July after she climbed the base and sat by the statue's robes.
9. CHINA PUSH TO END RELIANCE ON US TECH AT TRADE FIGHT'S CORE
Chinese industries like telecom giant ZTE Corp. still depend on American technology despite Beijing's efforts to catch up.
10. WHO KEEPS WORLD CUP VENUES CHURNING
Migrant workers from Central Asia built the stadiums and keep them running, staff concession stalls and clean up after fan parties.