VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. - One person is dead after two vehicles were involved in a Volusia County crash, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 57-year-old Richard Cotelesse, of New Smyrna Beach, was driving a Chevy Malibu north on Williams Road, moving erratically, when it slammed into the back of a Buick Enclave.
More News Headlines
- Man dies in crash after striking boy on bike in Osceola County, FHP says
- Man killed in Volusia County crash on I-95, FHP says
- Teens fleeing burglary cause fatal crash killing innocent bystander, FHP says
- Second person killed by Brightline train in less than a week
- SunRail train fatally hits pedestrian in Winter Park, police say
After Cotelesse's car struck the Enclave, it veered off the road and struck a tree.
Troopers said Cotelesse died of his injuries at the scene.
The 41-year-old woman and the 12-year-old boy in the Enclave suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Nearby traffic was blocked following the crash, according to the Highway Patrol.
FHP officials said the crash remains under investigation.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.