Family escapes Kissimmee house fire; Puppies killed in blaze

Cigarette or candle may have sparked fire

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Five people, including a 10-month-old baby, escaped a Kissimmee house fire, but two puppies were killed in the blaze.

The fire broke out just after 2 a.m. Wednesday on Whitney Street near Orange Blossom Trail.

Two dogs, described as 6-month-old pit bull puppies, died in the fire.

Home video captured by a neighbor shows the entire house ablaze.

"I was maybe about 75 feet from here to the house and I could feel the heat. It was very strong heat, and I just wanted to get out of there," neighbor Saul Solorzano said.  ""They're like family.  It's very sad because I never expected this to happen. It's very difficult when you have to go to some other place to live."

The fire may have been sparked by a cigarette or candle, but officials are still investigating the cause.

The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing and shelter for the family and others who lived in the home.

Watch Local 6 News and stay with for more on this story.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.