Fire guts Orange County home

Father, daughters lose everything to flames

ORLANDO, Fla. - A father and his two young girls have nearly lost everything after a fire ripped through their home Saturday.

It happened on Breezewood Street off Powers Drive in Pine Hills.

Online dispatch records show firefighters got the call just after 3 p.m.

Marcos Rivera reported uncontrollable flames shooting through his roof. Rivera said he believed the fire started in the dryer after he and his two daughters went outside to leave for a birthday party.

Firefighters said the house was destroyed, but Rivera, a DJ, was able to save his turntable and some other DJ equipment.

The Red Cross is assisting the family and a restoration company is boarding up the home to keep intruders out while it's unattended.

Rivera said he didn't have homeowner's insurance and he's lost everything, but what matters most are his two daughters.

Copyright 2012 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.