SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. - A woman in The Villages is behind bars after being accused of swindling out-of-state victims out of money for a rental property.
Sumter County deputies said 64-year-old Jacalyn Hamilton-O'Neil rented out a home to nearly 50 victims and overlapped the time block during winter and spring of this year.
More News Headlines
- Deputies arrest couple after child found wandering alone
- How to protect plants from frost ahead of Orlando cold front
- Judge orders teen's accused killer, rapist held without bond
- Woman dies after driving off boat ramp into Lake Panasoffkee
- Sumter County deputies arrest man accused of killing 16-year-old girl
- Woman says she was swindled out of golf cart, money
- $10,000 reward offered for suspect accused of killing 16-year-old girl
Deputies said Hamilton-O'Neil would receive the payments in advance and tell the potential clients the home was no longer available.
She made partial repayments to the alleged victims but is accused of defrauding victims from Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Canada out of over $26,000.
Hamilton-O'Neil is charged with organized fraud, theft from persons 65 or older and grand theft.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.