Gas grill sparks Volusia County house fire

Fire officials say nearly $35K in damage caused

By Michelle Dendy - Web Editor

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. - A gas grill ignited a house in Ormond Beach on Sunday evening, causing nearly $75,000 in damage, according to fire officials.

Ormond Beach Fire Department officials say the fire was reported at a home on Muddy Creek Lane just before 7 p.m. Sunday.

The gas grill ignited and caused the roof and attic to catch fire, fire officials say.

No injuries were reported.

Check back for more on this story.

Copyright 2015 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.