SANFORD, Fla. - The state attorney's office has released non-redacted copies on Thursday of statements from six witnesses in the case against George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
The 30-page statements were released after Judge Kenneth Lester ruled witnesses that had voluntarily spoken publicly about the case should not be shielded from public disclosure. The witness names were released on Wednesday.
In the new copies of the statements, the state inserts the name of the witness into the slot where it was previously redacted. They were previously referred to only by a witness number in the evidence.
The following names and statements were released:
- W4: Cheryl Brown, who was not home during the shooting, but whose son did see portions of the encounter
- W5: Mary Cutcher, who saw or heard the skirmish that preceded the shot being fired
- W7: Brandy Green, girlfriend of Trayvon Martin's father, Tracy
- W14: Austin McClendon, Brown's son
- W16: Selma Mora, Cutcher's roommate
- W42: Cynthia Wibker, an officer of the homeowners association.
Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in Martin's shooting, claiming self-defense. He is free on a $1 million bond.
Zimmerman was initially granted $150,000 bond and released. Lester revoked that bond last month after state attorneys argued that both Zimmerman and his wife had lied about money raised from a website.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.