News 6 at Nine is here to help you get results for your weeknight meals.
This week's recipes from MamaLovesFood.com.
- 12 ounces tortellini prepared (we used Barilla Collezione Tortellini)
- 6 ounces pesto sauce about 3/4 cup (we used Barilla Traditional Pesto Sauce)
- 1 large cooked chicken breast chopped, about 2 heaping cups
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
In a large bowl combine tortellini, pesto, chicken, ricotta cheese, and roasted pepper. Mix well, being careful not to break the tortellini open.
Pour into a casserole dish and press down evenly.
Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 425 degrees for about 7 - 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
- Chili 3 - 4 cups
- Pie dough 2 sheets per pie
- Shredded cheese we like a Mexican blend, 1- 2 cups
- Egg wash 1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water
Press a layer of dough into your pie plate. Paint with egg wash and bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Pour chili into pie dish, and top with shredded cheese.
Paint egg wash on outer edges of lower pie crust, then place top layer of pie crust over the pie. Press edges down with a fork to seal, brush entire top with egg wash, then cut a few slits in the top to vent.
Bake at 375 degrees on middle rack for 25 - 30 min until crust is browned and chili is heated through.
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp powdered onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 .7 ounce package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons brand)
- 8 lb bottom round roast cut into quarters and slightly de-fatified yes, I totally made that word up
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except meat and bay leaves. Whisk together and pour over meat into slow cooker.
Pour seasoned broth mix over meat and add bay leaves. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Remove bay leaves, and shred meat with a fork.
Serve on French Bread with provolone cheese. (And for a really authentic flavor, dip the whole sandwich into the broth immediately prior to serving.) YUM.
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano parsley or rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3-1/2 lbs. chicken parts skin removed
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, herbs and black pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
Add chicken and Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mayonnaise to large plastic bag; shake to evenly coat. Remove chicken, then lightly dip in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on cookie sheet.
Bake 40 minutes, at 400°, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Fresh deli bread thin sliced
- Muenster cheese thick sliced
- Tomatoes thick sliced
- Roast beef thick sliced
- Red onion medium sliced
- Creamy Chimichurri Sauce equal parts chimichurri sauce + mayonnaise
*optional: garlic dill pickles
Layer in the order listed, top with a second slice of bread and serve with a pickle.
- 2 cups cilantro leaves stems removed - approximately 1 bunch
- 2 cups parsley leaves stems removed - approximately 1 bunch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice - approximately 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons capers
Add everything except capers to your blender (or you could use a stick blender), and pulse until smooth.
Stir in capers (so they stay whole), and store in the refrigerator. This can be used right away but it best after 24 hours so the flavors can marry.
Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.