Hoverboard catches fire while charging in Ocala home, officials say

Fire extinguished before spreading

By Dawn Jorgenson - Web - News Editor
Headline Goes Here

OCALA, Fla. - A hoverboard that was charging in the garage of an Ocala home caught fire Sunday evening, officials said.

Ocala Fire Rescue arrived to the home in the 5000 block of Southwest 41st Street just before 7 p.m. and attacked the fire, which officials said was extinguished within two minutes of their arrival.

Officials said the fire did not spread from the hoverboard to the home.

Ocala Fire Rescue urges hoverboard owners to monitor them while they are charging, just like any electronic device, to minimize the risk of fires caused by overcharging or system malfunction.

Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.