Kissimmee home 'unlivable' after explosion; 1 hurt

Man taken to hospital with burns

Headline Goes Here

One person is injured in an explosion in Kissimmee.

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - A man was burned and taken to a hospital and his Kissimmee house was deemed "unlivable" after an explosion occurred while he was cooking on a stove, fire officials said.

The explosion occurred around 7 a.m. Tuesday on Acapulco Drive near Florida Parkway.

The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center with first-degree burns. 

According to the Osceola County deputy fire chief, the man and his wife were cooking at the stove when there was some type of leak, causing an explosion.  The man was knocked into another room and suffered burns, officials said.

The woman was not injured.

The explosion knocked out windows of the house and damaged the garage door, causing it to bow out.

The deputy fire chief said the house is now uninhabitable.

Neighbors said the couple is in their 60s or 70s, and friends said they will help them find a place to stay.

The explosion remains under investigation.

Watch Local 6 News and stay with for more on this story.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.