OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. - A 27-year-old man died Saturday after slamming into a dump truck in Osceola County, Florida Highway Patrol officials said.
Troopers said the driver of a dump truck loaded with concrete was stopped at a red light on Osceola Parkway near the Florida Turnpike around 1:45 a.m. when Edison Garzon, of Kissimmee, who was driving east in a Chrysler, failed to stop and ran into the back of it.
- FHP: Woman, 19, fatally struck while crossing street near UCF
- Orlando woman found slain in Daytona Beach Shores identified
- 49-year-old bicyclist killed in Seminole County crash, FHP says
- 'You have to be over there to see how Puerto Rico is right now,' traveler says
- Semitruck spills lumber after overturning on Turnpike in Lake County, FHP says
Garzon was taken to Osceola Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, the FHP said. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation, troopers said.
No other details were available. Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for updates on this story.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.